The company "EDY electronics" started in 1999 in Thessaloniki,with the object of development and production of electronic devices and industrial automation. The founder of the company is Nikos Nikitoglou ( Curriculum Vitae ).
In all these years, the company remains faithful to its partners and the goal of designing and manufacturing technologically advanced products.
How can we help you
If, as businessman or manufacturer you already have some experience with the creation of a new product then you know firsthand that a good idea is something important, but there is a long and uncertain road until it becomes a successful product that will generate profits.
The task becomes difficult if there is lack of know-how and experience in the stages of development, manufacturing and product standardization. There are many details that may pass unnoticed and lead to delays and difficulties in the acceptance of a product from the market.
In this route between idea and final product, the company EDY electronics comes to help either in some separate work where you have a shortage, or as a partner in a wide range of services.
Design of electronic circuits, specific to the needs of your product
Development of Embedded Software / Firmware
Development of special software
on PC, for applications such as:
- Industrial Automation
- Electronic games
- Information kiosk
Design of facades, control panels, plastic or metal enclosures e.t.c.
- Production of electronic devices upon order
- Production management and technical support
Repairs and improvements of electronic circuits
When others look at the the circuit with embarrassment, we are able to intervene.
The provided services are combined to achieve the result, that must be technically and economically feasible and with the right profit margins.
Following is a brief description of our technical skills:
- Design of analog circuits like amplifiers, converters, supply units, power controllers e.t.c.
- Design of wireless devices, using RF technologies like Bluetooth, Wifi, LoRa, GSM, 4G for remote control, data collection, remote automation e.t.c.
- Design of digital circuits, from discrete gates logic to CPLD / FPGA.
- Programming of 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers with "C", "C++" and "Assembly" programming languages.
- Programming in "C", "C++" and "Python" on Linux or Windows operating systems for special applications, which may include:
- Industrial automation
- Multimedia, playback / recording of audio, images and video
- Graphics animations
- Management of special peripherals
- Graphic design for:
- Functional facades of devices
- Graphic representations
- Computer Software
- Production of prototypes, from single-sided to multi-layer printed circuit boards with surface support materials.
- Organization of orders and production for the manufacture of integrated devices.
We have designed a large variety of devices, from low cost consumer devices to high quality industrial devices which work in harsh environment.
Design is always done in compliance with the European Safety Directives ("CE").
- Adjustable power supply units
- Battery simulators, dummy loads
- Variac, AC power and phase meters
- LCR meter & digital multi-meters
- Frequency counter,Spectrum analyser, digital oscilloscopes
- Logic analysers
- Waveform function generator, DDS Signal generator
- EMI Noise Generator
- Programmers for various microcontrollers and memory chips
- High resolution digital microscope camera
- SMD manual pick & place machine, PCB reflow oven
- CNC machine with Router, Cutting Laser and 3D Printer
The Steps from the Idea to the Manufacturing of a Product
"The devil is hidden in the details" they say, and this is something well known to those who have dealt with design of electronics and software. Many times, developing a new product is a complicated and time consuming process.
The "steps" we present here are a description of a typical collaboration.
If there is an idea for a new product that has no equivalent on the market, then a detailed description of the device and its operation is required.
If the new product is similar with some other, already existing, the description can rely on the existing one with indications for the desired variations.
Drawings, photographs, videos and anything that can help in the description are welcome.
Useful information is also the size and specific characteristics of the market to which the product is addressed.
It is necessary for us is to get a clear picture of the product to be designed, so that we can follow the appropriate harmonized standards and meet the specifications for the specific product type.
It is also necessary to determine the scope of our cooperation, ie which parts of the development and manufacture of the product will be carried out by us.
Some tasks that we could undertake are:
- The design of the electronic circuits.
- The design of the housing or the selection of a ready-made one.
- The design of the facades.
- The development of the device's firmware and other support software.
- The construction of prototypes.
- The writing the technical data / user manual.
- The organization of the production.
- The control of the final products.
Based on the description of the product and the other informations we have received, a market research is done on the materials and electronic components that can be used, and the software features that occasionally must be developed.
At this stage an estimation is done about the time and cost of the development and the production costs of a first batch of products.
The preliminary research has no cost for the applicant for simple products, while in cases of complex systems that require lengthy preliminary research, the applicant will be notified for the impending charge.
It is usually better to split complex projects into smaller ones, which can be evaluated more precise.
The results of the preliminary research are writen down on a text, which:
- Contains a brief description of the project.
- It approximates the final product manufacturing cost.
- It calculates the execution time and development cost.
The applicant studies the text, and the issues that may not be entirely clear are clarified.
In case of non-acceptance of the offer, we discuss the issues and search for ways to come to a deal with changes in the offer.
When the deal is reached, the project development can start.
- The theoretical circuits and the printed circuit boards are being designed.
- The prototypes are manufactured.
- The software development is being done: Firmware, support software, whatever is needed in each case.
- The first laboratory tests are performed on the product, defects that may appear are corrected.
The client is informed at every stage of the development, so that any minor detail is specified precisely.
When the prototypes have become functional, they are sent to the customer to be checked in real conditions.
Usually at least 2 prototypes are made, which are operated and controlled in parallel by the development laboratory and the customer. If necessary, adjustments and corrections are made.
When the prototypes work as agreed, the development is considered to be over. Depending on the agreement, the customer receives the product documentation and is ready for the first production.
Our obligations include technical support of the product for at least one year after the end of the development.
The first production batch of a new product ( also called "pilot production" ) is crucial:
- Attention is paid to the special assembly needs of the product.
- Manufacturing and inspection procedures are being standardized.
- The final products are thoroughly inspected, to minimize the possibility of post-sale faults.
In the next production batches there is the possibility for research of the raw materials market and determination of production schedules, in order to further reduce the construction costs.
* * *
>>> The Portfolio page lists some devices that have been designed the last years from us.
>>> We have a network of capable partners with whom we cooperate whenever required, so you get the right work in the right time.
>>> If you think we can work together, do not hesitate to contact us.